Work with Us
Community Manager (Remote Contract)
Steel Crate Games is looking for a community manager to help shape the Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Discord community!
- 3-Month Remote Contract, 10-20 hours weekly
- $27.00+ (CAD) hourly depending on experience
Our community is a place where players meet to find people to play matches with, design Steam Workshop mods, and come together over a shared passion for Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.
We are looking for an experienced community manager who has a good understanding of community structures. Guiding our Discord community of 6000+ will be your sole focus. You’ll have the freedom to be creative and have fun with our community. We’re open to new ideas and will be reliant on you for strategy and guidance. Unlike many community roles, this one will not include the management of social media channels.
You should apply if…
- You have 1+ year(s) of community management experience.
- You’re creative and engaging. The idea of shaping an existing Discord community into a safe, welcoming, and positive place excites you.
- You’re a good listener and you want to learn and understand what drives our community.
- You know how to defuse conflict and you’re ready to help craft guidelines that will bring out the best in everyone.
- You’re kind but firm. You know it’s important to be empathetic, but it’s equally important to hold folks accountable.
To apply you must:
- Be located in Canada or incorporated.
- Have at least 1+ year(s) of experience managing communities. This is not a junior position. We’ll be relying on you for guidance and community strategy.
- You can fit a few working hours each week between 10am-4pm ET (our core studio working hours).
Bonus Points for:
- Experience managing and leading established communities.
- Familiarity with Steam Workshop content and creation.
If this sounds like you, please apply below!
About Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
You’re alone in a room with a bomb. Your friends, the “Experts”, have the manual needed to defuse it. But there’s a catch: the Experts can’t see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out – fast! Put your puzzle-solving and communication skills to the test as you and your friends race to defuse bombs quickly before time runs out!